Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Who am I

Hello!

Welcome to my blog! I will attempt to make this entertaining and not painful to read, however, I'm not usually good at either of those. Who am I? My name is Bailey, I was married in October, 2014 to Brian, the love of my life. I found out I was pregnant in December, and my new hubby and I have been anxiously counting down the days until we get to meet our little sweetie.
I enjoy writing, I really do, although I'm not very good at it, but mostly, I just wanted somewhere to write down all my thoughts and exciting moments throughout the second half of my pregnancy. At the start of this blog, I was 18 weeks and 5 days pregnant. My due date is August 6th, 2015, although I (like most expectant moms) am hoping my sweet bean will be here a few weeks earlier. I found out on February 28 that my little bean is a boy! Despite having a "gut feeling" that it was a girl and a lot of old wives tales pointing to girl.
A little more about me. I am Christian, I apologize in advance if any of my viewpoints offend anyone. I'm usually pretty easy going and accepting of others and various viewpoints, but there are a few topics I feel very strongly about that may come out occasionally. I met my husband in September of 2013, we started dating October 18th, 2013 and were engaged on New Years Eve 2.5 months later. We were married on our 1 year anniversary, October 18, 2014, and found out we were expecting a month and a half later! I couldn't be happier, I absolutely love my life and love where I am.
I grew up with two loving parents, a younger sister, and an older sister. When I was 13, my parents adopted the cutest little 9 year old girl from China, and then they started fostering 5 month old boy/girl twins in July of 2012, who they adopted in august of 2014. I have tons of extended family supporting us, and I feel like I'm pretty close with a lot of them!
My husband grew up with two loving parents, and two older sisters (one quite a bit older, 13 years older I believe). Both of his sisters are engaged, the oldest to be married in April (once again, I believe, not positive on the exact date) and the other to be married June 27.
All-in-all, by the time my sweet baby boy is born, he will have 1 great great grandma, 3 great grandmas, 1 great grandpa, 4 grandparents, 3 uncles, 7 aunts, and 0 cousins, although I imagine my 3 year old siblings will feel more like cousins to him then aunt/uncle! Sounds like a pretty big family to me, and I couldn't be happier for him to have that!
My husband works as a Marketing Assistant, and I'm currently in school to be a dental assistant. I should graduate June 3rd, and plan on working immediately, even if part time.
Our plan at the moment is for me to work part time after my sweet boy is born, and on days I work either look into a preschool, or my dear stay at home momma has volunteered to babysit any days needed.
I plan on posting about once a week, either Monday or Tuesday, with maybe a few more posts scattered here and there between.
Thanks for reading my ramblings (: - Bailey

PSST - Here's a list of acronyms I might use and their meanings!

Nothing irritates me more than when I can't figure out what an acronym means, and yes I realise that a lot of these are common, but since every woman with pregnancy has pregnancy brain and completely blanks on stuff here and there, here's my cheat sheet:

BIL - Brother In Law
BPM - Beats Per Minute
DH - Dear Husband
ER - Emergency Room
ETC - Et Cetera/And the rest
EX - Example
FIL - Father In Law
IN - Inches
LBS - Pounds
MIL - Mother In Law
OB - Obstetrician 
OTC - Over The Counter
OZ - Ounces
SIL - Sister In Law
SO - Significant Other
U/S - Ultrasound
YO - Year Old





3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The love that comes into your life when you have a baby is like no other. I just had my daughter Autumn in November & it was the highlight of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I already love this little bean like crazy, I can't wait to see his sweet little face!

      Delete
    2. Congratulations on your daughter too!

      Delete